Regularly scheduled service is highly recommended not only for the safety of your motorcycle, but for the safety of you as a rider as well.
Below is a list of work performed during every major service. Use this page as a guide to help you along your Harley-Davidson Service journey!
Harley-Davidson 1,000-Mile Service Checklist
- Inspect engine oil and filter
- Inspect oil lines and brake system for leaks
- Inspect air cleaner and service as required
- Check tire pressure and inspect tread
- Check tightness of wheel spokes
- Replace transmission lubricant
- Check clutch adjustment
- Check primary chain adjustment
- Inspect rear belt and sprockets and adjust belt
- Check, adjust, and lube throttle, brake enrichers and clutch controls
- Inspect and lube jiffy stand
- Inspect fuel valve, lines, and fittings for leaks
- Check brake fluid levels and condition
- Inspect brake pads and discs for wear
- Check spark plugs
- Check operation of electrical equipment & switches
- Check & adjust engine idle speed
- Adjust steering head bearings
- Inspect shock absorbers
- Check tightness of critical fasteners
- Road test
Harley-Davidson 10,000-Mile Service Checklist
The 10,000-Mile Service will address everything in the 1,000-Mile Service in addition to the following:
- Check front brake lever pin
- Check brake caliper pins
- Check brake caliper boots and bushings
- Check rear master cylinder outer boot
- Replace spark plugs
- Adjust and lube steering head bearings
- Check engine mounts and stabilizer links
Harley-Davidson 20,000-Mile Service Checklist
All aforementioned mileage checkpoints will also be inspected during the Harley-Davidson 20,000-mile service checklist. Additionally (and unique to the 20,0000 mile service interval), a Harley-Davidson mechanic will replace the front fork oil in your bike to ensure you’re riding as safely as possible.
Is it time for your next service?
Get in contact with the Service Department at Iron Steed Harley-Davidson!
Service appointments can be made by calling or texting the Service Department at (707) 455-7000!
Make your appointment online! Click here to book your next service!